Parking Permits

Your 2015 Spring Packet contained four (4) hang tag design Parking Permits for your family and guests. These permits are registered to your property and may be moved from vehicle to vehicle. These permits replace all previous permits, including separate guest passes, and are the only permits that will be accepted when you park on Association property. PLEASE LEAVE THE PARKING PERMITS AT YOUR LAKE HAYWARD PROPERTY.

Vehicles not displaying the current Parking Permit will be asked to leave Association property. It is your responsibility to inform guests and/or renters of the need to display these permits when on Association property. It is your responsibility to ensure that Parking Permits are returned to your property by guests and/or renters. The POALH assumes no responsibility for vehicles that do not display the current permit. As these Parking Permits are registered to your property, if you sell, please leave the permits for the next owner. Replacement Parking Permits will be available for $25 per permit. Contact Bonnie Sudell at for information.


Watercraft on Association property should display both your lake address and a green boat registration sticker. Properly labeled boats may be placed on the boat racks between April 1st and October 31st. Racks are available on a first come, first serve basis. Please place lighter watercraft (i.e. kayaks, aluminum canoes) on the upper racks as a courtesy to those with heavier boats. Please do not leave watercraft on the grass as it kills the grass and makes lawn maintenance difficult. The POALH reserves the right to remove watercraft not in compliance. Make note of the make, model and serial number of your watercraft and keep it in a safe place. You will need this information to identify your watercraft in case of theft. Please lock your watercraft. The POALH is not responsible for theft or damage to watercraft on Association property. Registration stickers will be available at Association meetings and by contacting Lee Griffin, Treasurer.

Police and Security

We continue to work with both the East Haddam Police Department and Troop K in Colchester to provide both random patrols and presence at our events. To discourage theft from your vehicle when on Association property, please lock it and do not leave valuables in plain sight. We encourage all Association members to take responsibility for reporting suspicious activity to the Police. Please do not confront anyone. Call the East Haddam Police at 860-873-1226 with as many details as possible. This number will roll over to the State Police, Troop K in Colchester, if East Haddam Police are unavailable. To report underage alcohol and drug use, call the Anonymous Tip Line at 860-873-5013. If you see something or hear something, SAY SOMETHING!


• Are you receiving East Haddam alerts? If not download the Everbridge sign-up form

• Do you have special needs emergency personnel should know about? Please download and fill out this form

• To request extra police patrols by the Town of East Haddam download this form